February 15, 2009

More on repeating patterns

After I did my last post on pattern making, my friend Benjamin sent me another method of accomplishing the same thing.



The great thing about this method, is you don't have to cut your sheet of paper. I found when I did the drawing of my dog, that my cuts weren't perfectly straight, and it affected things a little. The downfall of this method is that you may find it challenging to draw/paint on a rolled surface. Both methods can help you understand the process of how to create a repeating pattern so that you can apply it to different materials and processes though. I think I will be doing most of my pattern design on the computer, but I found it helped me understand the process to first work with paper.
Thanks for sending that tutorial, Benjamin!

0 Comments:

 
Nikasha Designs - Templates para novo blogger 2007
Etsy Sellers Who Blog V2
Powered By Ringsurf