October 22, 2008

An artist just is.

Another artist on Etsy, Krystyna81 posted an article to the Gallery United Blog referencing the article The Financially Successful Artist: Commercial Sell Out or Role Model? by Denise Ivey Telep. I think the questions posed in this article are important for today's artist to think about.

One statement in the article that really resonated with me is: "An artist is. It’s soul deep."

That's how I feel about being an artist. I just am, to my very core. To me, it doesn't matter what media I have to work with, I am happy to create with it. I am just as happy making a painting, a collage, a photograph, a digital drawing, a clay pot, drawing on a napkin, carving a potato, or sculpting with pipe-cleaners. If one media isn't available, I see what else there is to work with, and each inspires a whole new line of art.

0 Comments:

 
Nikasha Designs - Templates para novo blogger 2007
Etsy Sellers Who Blog V2
Powered By Ringsurf