December 15, 2008

More digital portraits completed

I have been continuing to work on more digital portraits. I really enjoy doing these. Sometimes, even when you think the original photo is fairly clear and in-focus, when you enlarge it and look at it closely, it is surprising what information is assumed, rather than clearly presented when you look at a photo. Of course, when I draw and paint (digitally), I have to make judgement calls about what these unclear/muddy areas should actually look like. When I work for several hours on a piece, and the final product just looks so sharp, and just like the subject in real life, it's a great feeling!

I've been working hard on some gift portraits for Christmas. (No peeks at those ones yet!) I have ordered the prints for those now, and I can't wait for them to arrive! The great thing about working on several of these portraits over a short time span, is that I am getting to know the functions of my computer better. I am streamlining my process, at the same time as I am adding new capabilities and increased detail.

Here is an example of something I can do with digital portraiture that is very challenging to do with just a photograph. This client wanted a portrait of her with her cat. Unfortunately, she had a very hard time getting a photo where they were both looking where they should be, and looking good. I liked her cat's expression in this first photograph, and I asked if she had another photo of herself in a similar position, where her face could be seen better. Thus came picture 2. Below those, you can see the final product, where I combined both images to create one portrait with the best of both worlds.

0 Comments:

 
Nikasha Designs - Templates para novo blogger 2007
Etsy Sellers Who Blog V2
Powered By Ringsurf